Homepage

Home > Flamborough Head

Introduction
A lighthouse was first built on the Flamborough Headland in 1669 but was never lit. The current lighthouse was built in 1806 and acts as a waypoint for deep sea vessels and coastal traffic as well as marking the Flamborough Headland for vessels heading for the ports of Scarborough and Bridlington.

Location
Flamborough Head Lighthouse is located 1.2 miles from the village of Flamborough on the B1259.

Click here to view a map.

Parking
A car park is situated next to the Lighthouse.

Opening Times

Date Time
Day
Jan
closed
Feb
11-3
-
-
-
-
-
Sa
Su
1 Mar -
31 Oct
10 - 4.30
Mo
-
We
Th
Fr
Sa
Su
1 Mar -
31Oct
1 - 4.30
-
Tu
-
-
-
-
-
Nov & Dec
11-3
-
-
-
-
-
Sa
Su

Opening times may vary subject to operational requirements.

Admission Prices

Adults £2.00
Children £1.00
Family Ticket £5.00

Contact Details
t: 01262 678255
e: [email protected]

Groups
Please phone in advance for group bookings.

Safety
A minimum height of 1 metre is required for entry to the lighthouse. Anyone suffering from vertigo, heart or respiratory conditions is advised not to undertake a tour.

Specifications

Established 1669
Height of Tower 27 metres
Height of Light above Mean High Water 65 metres
Automation May1996
Electrified 1940
Lamp 1 KW MBI
Optic 1st order Catadioptric fixed lens
Character 4 white flashes every 15 seconds
Intensity 650,000 candela
Range of Light 24 sea miles
Fog Signal Character 2 blast every 90 seconds
  Tours of Flamborough Lighthouse are organised by East Riding of Yorkshire Council under licence from the Corporation of Trinity House.

Click for bigger picture

Click for bigger picture

Click for bigger picture